Well maintained home appliances for a hasslefree life
Modern home appliances have made our lives easier beyond measures and we don’t realize the importance of a well-maintained refrigerator, dryer, or washer until one of these gets broken. The seems to stop when there’s no functional microwave or a cooktop in your kitchen. Although, home appliances are getting more and more common and cheaper with each passing day, however, taking care of them with regular maintenance is highly recommended. These are the things you don’t buy every other day, hence they are a long-term investment that needs proper upkeep.
Most appliances in a household are running 24/7 and do more work than we realize. The impact they have on our everyday life and the home itself shouldn’t be underestimated. In order to keep them running as smoothly as you’d like for a longer period of time, you must rely on professional maintenance services. In case of any technical fault or a minor glitch, it’s always a better option to get help instead of trying to fix it yourself. While we talk about keeping the home appliances in a good shape, here are a few tips that you can apply on regular basis for your appliance’s longer shelf life.
Tips to maintain your fridge
Keeping your food fresh for a long would be impossible without a functional fridge. Especially for working men and women with a hectic week, being able to prepare and store food is nothing short of a blessing. To keep matters running smoothly when it comes to busy work life and food preparation, regular fridge maintenance is an essential element. Cleaning it thoroughly every once in a while is important. It will not only help keep your food items fresh but positively impact your fridge’s cooling capabilities in the long run. Other than that here are a few steps that you can follow;
- Clean the coils to them free from dust, debris, or any other outside particles. These coils are usually at the button or at the back of your fridge, there’s a high chance that there will be a lot of dust back there.
- Setting the right temperature makes a big difference. The refrigerator compartment should be around 37 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit and the freezer section should be set at zero.
- Close the door properly to ensure that the cooling doesn’t escape.
Tips to maintain your oven
Image it’s a thanksgiving night and you’re hosting a big family dinner but your oven stops working. Such a nightmare, isn’t it? Well, you can avoid this kind of situation by keeping a regular check on your appliance by cleaning and maintaining it. It’s the kind of kitchen that essential that is used on daily basis and often for multiple hours. This can ultimately cause technical issues but the most effective way to avoid that is to maintain your oven regularly. You can get a professional to do that but here are a few simple steps that don’t require a technician;
- Remember, your oven knobs are directly connected to the electrical setup, so don’t try and remove them.
- While deep cleaning, don’t forget to unplug your oven and always clean from the button and behind. The filters need to be cleaned properly for the smooth and sturdy performance of your appliance.
Tips to maintain your dryer
The trend of living in confined spaces such as apartment buildings is getting more and more popular. Now imagine having to dry your laundry on a small balcony in freezing cold season. Sounds impossible, right? Therefore, a dryer is an utmost essential element in our everyday life. Whether it’s a big industrial dryer in a building or a small one in your apartment unit, an equal amount of maintenance is required to ensure its smooth operation. Here’s what you can do to make sure your dryer lives a long healthy life;
- Use a vacuum to clean it from the bottom and back every once in a while.
- Wipe the interior to make sure it’s dry after using it. Moisture, dirt, and lint can accumulate quickly and disrupt the setup.
- The rotating components may wear out quickly if the dryer is not balanced. So make sure the surface is level.
Home appliances with modern features make our life so much more convenient and to keep them running without a glitch, keep them clean and order a professional maintenance service every once in a while.